Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I'm back from LA

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After an amazing week in LA, we got home Sunday night - and I had bronchitis, of all things! Last night I couldn't sleep and came online for the first time since coming home. I looked at everyone else's albums and posts about AGPLA; they are superb! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    I just can't praise that store enough! I have now been to all three AGP's, and LA is by far my favorite. It's location is wonderful, it is so beautifully decorated, it is so spacious (huge crowds of people can fit inside and not get in each other's way), it has so many displays and so many cashiers available, it has wonderful friendly employees who seem to really want to know the customers. It is a great store! Jack and I were there for eight hours on Thursday and back for a few hours both Friday and Saturday. It was wonderful to meet a few of the board members there, but I wish I could have met the rest of you who were there during those days as well.

    Our opera experience in LA was wonderful as well. Penelope did go with me in the gala party outfit and she looked absolutely stunning! I got a few weird looks from some snooty folks, but lots of smiles and a few nice comments about her as well.

    I am trying to pull my album together - we took over a hundred pictures that I have to choose from; but my energy level is pretty low this week. I'll get it posted as soon as possible, though.

    Meanwhile, it's great to be back and catching up on the board again. I'll be happy to answer any questions I can!

  2. #2
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    I'm glad you had such a great time in LA. Isn't AGPLA fun? It's also cool that you brought Penelope (I'm assuming that's one of your dolls) to the opera with you, and I am sure she looked beautiful in her gala outfit. I hope you recover from your bronchitis soon! Take care. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    welcome home Jeanette, we missed you. We did see a couple of pictures of you in other peoples albums...
    Glad you had a good time and I cant wait to see you pictures...

  4. #4
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Glad to have you back! Hope you're feeling better soon so we can see your pictures. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad your back! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] It was nice to meet you at AGPLA. [img]smile.gif[/img] Feel better soon! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome home! We need to plan a meeting time! I can't wait to meet you and Lisa.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome back! We missed you at the doll show, but they said there will be another one in the fall. We definitely need to meet up. My girls have seen a lot of your albums and are pretty anxious to make some new friends!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am glad you had a good time. Thanks for letting us know that you are back. Now go rest up and get better. The board will still be here and we will be thrilled to see your pics once you get your energy back.
    Take care! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a fun trip, I hope you get better soon! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] I don't think I would be brave enough to bring a doll to the opera, even if she is dressed up. That is great that you did, though!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. Do you have any of the different floors from afar? I like seeing the things up close, but I'd love to see how the floors are laid out.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope you are feeling better soon! I'm glad you had a good time and I'll be watching for your album.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •